Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Reality Check!

I had to stay home from work the other day because my sitter had an appointment which had to be kept. OMG what a day I had….all four of my children became evil, little possessed entities running around the house causing mayhem! The twins, who are potty training, decided they were having too much fun to actually use the toilet and peed where ever they happened to be playing at the time. I did two complete loads of their laundry alone. My two oldest were fighting like cats and dogs and when they weren’t fighting with each other they were fighting with the twins. Everyone was telling on everyone. If they had been cats there would have been fur flying all over the house. By about 5:30 (just before hubby got home from work) I had had ENOUGH and tossed the twins into the tub and put them into bed. (This was for their safety). The oldest two were next on my hit list when hubby finally got home. He took one look at my face and said “Ut oh bad day huh?” I said “now there’s an understatement!” He told me he would handle the rest and that I should get out and walk the dog. So I’m walking the dog cursing under my breath for almost the entire walk. As I was at the final block of my walk I saw a couple coming towards me, they were pushing a large running stroller with their teenage daughter in it. She had cerebral palsy. They were all smiles and were happy and talking amongst themselves. It was right there and then I realized how lucky I am. Yes my children know exactly what buttons to push to drive me crazy, BUT they are ALL healthy and I am so grateful for that. I guess my point here is that sometimes we are so busy complaining about the little drama’s in our lives that we forget to be grateful. That experience was definitely my reality check.

No comments: