Monday, April 23, 2007

Early Morning Poinderings

I get up very early every morning and meditate on the day. It’s time I have set aside for myself. Sometimes I think about nothing and sometimes I ponder our existence here on earth. I wonder if there really is good and evil or if the good and evil are just experiences that are meant to get us to the next experience. Who knows? If the bad thing didn’t happen would the good one still come? Would we appreciate it as much?

Society seems so screwed up, people doing things against their fellow man that you or I would never choose to do. Why can’t we just live in harmony together? Why can’t we just love each other and help each other out when it’s needed? All of us running this rat race in search of happiness…perhaps we are all searching in the wrong places.. Perhaps we need to stop looking at all the material crap and have a good look inside? Clear out the cobwebs and dust bunnies and see if you can find yourself in there. In my life I have come to discover that no one else can make me happy, that no material thing can make me happy. Happy is something I do for myself. There are so many people out there racing around trying to find what it is that makes them happy… looking to find it in others, or in material goods. Now don’t get me wrong material goods and other people are great! But if it’s true bliss you are seeking look to yourself for that.

Sometimes I wonder about even crazier stuff like our language, for example:

Live spelt backwards is evil
Devil spent backwards is lived

Kind of makes you wonder doesn’t it? Over the years have we been pushed into thinking a certain way? Is it all back and white or are we missing all the colors in-between?

Sometimes I look at those two words and I think to myself, “Ok who is the joker who came up with that?”

Anyway, just me rambling…

No comments: